Monday 10 November 2008

Scottish Gypsy Surnames

Hello Sandy, I came across your site whilst googling for any site which listed Gypsy Surnames. I live in Western Australia and having been working on W.A History for many years. After a group of us compiled the Convict Dictionary, I had a theory that many of them would have been Romany and that is what I am finding. I have just started on Scottish records on line, to try and put together an Index of Scottish Gypsy names so that I can cross reference them here in W.A. When I saw your site, I wondered if you know of any other surnames apart from what are listed there. I would appreciate any help that you could give. Even on line sites. I am of Gypsy descent on 2 lines of my family tree. My 4 x Great Grandfather was John FARR. Jan James.

No comments: